With strange people and new smells, a trip to the vet can be stressful your dog. Here’s how to help them avoid vet fear.
• Do regular home health checks so your dog gets used to being handled.
• Use a positive voice to talk to your dog and reassure them.
• Take treats to reward them for positive behaviour.
If you have a puppy, remember that until they’ve had all their vaccinations you’ll need to hold them on your lap or in a crate in the waiting room to stop them coming into contact with other dogs.
To save time and help the vet, it may be useful to take a few things with you:
• a list of your dog’s symptoms;
• your dog’s medical records;
• any medication your dog is on.